- Make sure when you start swimming that you are swimming along the rope in the same direction as the swimmer in the next lane.
- Keep to the allocated side of your lane.
- Unless you are in difficulties do not stop whilst swimming down the length wait till you get to the end.
- If someone is tail gating you allow them to pass during turning or at rest periods and speak to your coach about this.
- Be considerate of other swimmers in your lane.
Club, Open, Regional and National Galas
- Listen out for safety announcements about warm up’s and the direction of swimming in your lane.
- Diving is not permitted during warm up unless its in a designated one way sprint lane.
- Do not stop anywhere up the length.
- Do not obstruct the ends of the lane’s so that other swimmers may turn properly
- Take great care over taking during the warm up. Only do so where there is a clear gap.
- Listen out for instructions from the officials when to vacate lanes.